Friday, November 14, 2008

Advertising

I have designed a few one-page fliers regarding our 2008 MN Great Northern Sale bred heifer selections. Just a little background on the MN Great Northern Sale.

Begun in 1995 (or was it '96...? It's hard to remember, I was only 14-15 years old), the sale represents the "cream of the crop" of Minnesota Red Angus breeders. Each August, a selection committee travels to each operation and hand-picks the best from each herd. Now, we all know "best" is in the eye of the beholder, but I truly feel that the females selected this year (from our operation) will work for all types of cattlemen.
This flier mailed to a list of folks my dad and I brainstormed together. It includes Red Angus breeders and friends that might help drive interest in the sale. Our goal is to entice two or three cattle producers to vie for these lovely ladies.

Lot # 8 - I hope this one makes you smile. One of my favorite "reads," aside from the FP foreign policy blog and the Pioneer Woman's daily musings, is the Fargo-Farm Forum's Green Sheet "Want Ads." Just ask my good friends Marian and Melvin Kallas - it's the first thing I grab when I visit their house to share with them the humorous (and not so humorous) males seeking females on the Dakota plains. That's what inspired this ad.

Lot #9 - This ad was inspired by my mom. She might not know it, but I'm pretty thankful for what she does on our ranch - which is largely overlooked day-to-day. Plus, Lot #9's mom, (referred to as #12) has just done a superb job of raising calves at our place. What better time of year to be thankful for our mothers than at Thanksgiving. I don't know too many other folks who would get up at 5 a.m. to make sure all the fixins' are made for the noon meal.

No comments: